Thursday, June 23, 2005

message undelivered?

Christianity promotes that GOD IS LOVE. And hence, He will be the first one to answer our prayers!

I have written about prayer in my previous post.

problem:

I pray to the loving God for XXXXX for along time and earnestly. But, seems no reply. God refuses to answer my prayer.


Yes?

My limited and simple brain cells can generate of 2 reasons why our prayers seems unanswered:

1st: refuse to obey

bible says : "If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear" (Ps.66:18)

iniquity means sin or wrong doing and Sin is define as unwilling to obey God.

the reason is simple: How can you go against God and still ask Him for a favor?

So, now, I hated God and rebelled against Him, what should I do?

Good News:

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.



2nd : God is smarter

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Is.558-9)


You see, God is so much smarter than us that, He thinks differently than us. He loves us and always wanted to give the best to us. He listens to our prayers, but some times, we ask for something that is not good for us. So, God refuse to gives and He answers with either NO or NOT YET.

Says, your son loves Potato Chips. And everyday, he asks you to buy a pack for him. He has been a good boy and you loves him more than anything or anyone else. Will you buy him Potato Chips daily? Unlikely because you don't want him to die early.

Elijah, prophet, once prayed and ask the Lord to take his life. He was so depressed that he ask God to kill him. But God is so loving that He refuse to answer Elijah's prayer. Elijah ended up translated to heaven without experience death.

Conclusion:

Keep praying! God loves to hear your prayer but please have in mind that God will only provides you THE BEST

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.



2 comments:

Little Ms Happy said...

Hi Issac! i'm Karen, I was at the AYC camp also. I dun think i knoe you personally but i read some ur post and i found it uplifting! Keep ur the faith Brother!

BlurChu? said...

yeah...

God CERTAINLY has a better plan for you, me and everyone! because He loves each and everyone of us. and that's the truth!

i enjoyed this post! keep on posting!


BC?