Wednesday, June 22, 2005

melancholy Christianity?

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Ps. 16:11



Some people (or not, many people) thinks that to accept Christ as our personal savior is means beginning of pain and difficulty in lives. Some, associate Christianity with persecution, hardship, sorrows, poverty and other "negative" sadness.

I have a chance to chat with one gentleman:

Me: The recently held youth camp (AYC) is cool. The speaker is powerful. I think you, you should be there.

Gentleman: I better not go there?

M: But, why?

G: I am afraid that, when I go there, I listen to the truth, I was touched by the massage and get baptize!

M:???

G: and if I get baptize, and become a Christian, I am bounded to live a perfect life and I will be encounter many sorrows.

_____________

Is it true that becoming a Christian, you will encounter many sorrows?

yes and no.

it is inevitable that this world is full of sorrow. The most evil guy in this world also face difficulty and hardship. This is because, teruk la, the world is under the spell of sin. Means that, from the very beginning, human choose to rebel against God, and choose to learn the hard way.

But the good news is, the loving God, have a plan out. That is where Christianity comes in, where you are NOT ALONE, God will be with you going through whatever suffering you will be facing.

Inspiration tell us:

Do not think that when you walk with Jesus you must walk in the shadow. The happiest people in the world are those who trust in Jesus and gladly do His bidding. From the lives of those who follow Him, unrest and discontent are banished. . . . They may meet with trial and difficulty,
but their lives are full of joy; for Christ walks beside them, and His presence makes the pathway bright. . . .



Using common sense and some basic calculation, I suggest you to accept the Jesus as your personal Savior as He is all ready to be with you to meet the coming trial and difficulty! and the best, it is free for all!


============================
BTW, Jargon problems:

Jesus=Christ=God=Savior=Jesus Christ

all refer to the same thing

No comments: