Thursday, October 12, 2006

the power of music

.


I hold firm to the believe that music can powerfully influence a listener. By listening to music it can potentially shape, our emotion, believe and intelect.

Kai Yoon, my ex-Alevel coursemate, which I only manage to talk to her online after about a year after both of us completed Alevel. I didn't even talk to her in the real world before face to face. Yup, that is how hopeless I am. I am the by-product of the internet-obsessed generation who is totally nuts on making the first move to start making friends.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is Christine sent me a youtube clip link on David Phelps.

While I don't like some of his song, but I have to admit few sang by him is really beautiful.

By David:



This song is really really beautiful sang by David Phelps. I really enjoy every bit of it.

But let me highlight the fact that some of the audience keep wiping their tears off while listening to David Phelps. It is amazing on somehow music able to stimulate our tears gland to start working.

O Holy Night by David Phelps:


Notice one of the comment post by regarding to this clip:
Even though I'm not a christian anymore, there's something about David's voice that always pulls me back to gospel music. Simply superb!


Isn't that amazing how powerful is music which can even able pulls to a faith or believe?

But what worries me is the music which promotes immorality and bad influence which is so popular and able to shape the believe system of the huge community.

2 comments:

Aiko said...

The clip of "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" is fantastic! It's one of my favorite hymns, and what a beautiful job he does of singing it. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, music is powerful--more powerful than most of us realize. I believe that it is one of the avenues Satan will use--is using!--to lead people astray. At the same time, what a blessing the gift of music is when used properly!

Aiko said...

Hiya Isaac! Here's the story. I've visited your personal blog a few times because of your memorization blog which you advertised on the AYC email list. I am on the AYC list because I was at AYC '05 (logical, eh?). So yeah. I guess that's it.

Who am I, you ask? That's a much bigger question than I can answer here...