Sunday, October 15, 2006

Gtalk

Okay, I am still under the spell of kembang mood. Kembang mood is a kind of euphoric feeling after being very much flattered. Who-knows-who and sounds-familiar, Aiko actually read my blog!?


really miss those college days...

You see, I nicely scored U ( U means ungraded which is worse than E) during my Alevel years for my General Paper in TAR college. That means, in Alevel standard, I am hopeless when comes to writing and I can be rightly diagnosed as graphophobia.

So, I do assume that every post I posted here will readily drive people off. But, lo and behold, someone is actually reading my post.

How motivated. How proud I am! (please forgive my perasansiness ler...) hehe


ganas?

Anyway, my church pastor, Pastor Bruised Lee told me that he had recently brought a 250GB brand new hard disk for his computer. 250GB!? Why should we need that much?

I do not know that we have come to a point that digital storage is never enough.

It used to be that the largest storage we can enjoy is the 1.44 MB 3½-inch floppy-disk where I can store pretty much MS Works documment.

But now, megabytes are never enough for us. In fact, I quickly used up more than 100MB of my hard disk storage just to design a poster for Farlim Evangelistic Seminar. (by the way, if you are happen to be in Penang, please come to the evangelistic seminar.)



You can't do much with something under 2MB these days. Wrong.



Google talk download size is just 1.5MB. That means, this program is super compact small and undoubtly using less of your computer resouces.

But please do not under estimate Gtalk. It is powerful.

Gtalk is:

1) It is small and clean. My computer is pretty old and can't afford to run programs which consume lots of my PC resources.

2) Free. Nothing better than free.

3) Fast. I was "on the phone" with Eric via Gtalk and at the same time, I was heavily downloading lots and lots of mp3. But the talk is seamless and there is lack of interuption. I bet, Gtalk is better than Skype - at least, in my own opinion.

4) Can email offline voicemail. I enjoy this feature. Instead of tediously typing a long letter emailing to your friend, with Gtalk, you can just talk by send your voice over email easily.

wanna try? gimme your email, and I will send my voice over. But, I guess, it work best if you got a gmail.

3 comments:

Aiko said...

You're funny. I had no idea I'd give you such a happy shock!

Don't assume that people will be driven off by your posts, I think they're quite good. You need to get a bigger readership somehow.

To answer your question, I'm not from Malaysia ("or anything like that") though I loved my time there and am waiting for a chance to return.

Nice ad for the evangelistic seminar--I wish I could be there!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Aiko understands your Malaysian-English...
anyway, it's funny =)

Isaac Chan said...

wow!

Double kembang lagi... Jet is reading! :)

anyway, Jet, you are from Johore right?

regards,
Isaac